Annaka has a way of making friends wherever she goes. No matter if it is another child her age, or an adult she takes a liking to....she never goes without an ear to talk to:) She has friends in the states that we have enjoyed watching grow up with her. Friends from several states.
She has friends in Asia, where we live, who not only live across the hall but across town. Actually there are even real people, then there are the animals she loves to watch and call her friends too.
Annaka is all the while learning to adapt to her life and role of a global nomad by creating her own friends that travel between the two cultures with us.
When she was still fairly young Tyrone came to be a constant part of our family and play time. Although she has never actually said it, we believe he has stemmed from Backyardagains.

Now, Tyrone has not always been in her good graces. At one point in time while watching her play in her room, I saw her...with my own eyeballs... "grab" her imaginary friend and tell him " You go in this hole Tyrone" while literally (can I even use that word when talking about an imaginary little boy?) "threw" him in a hole. He remained there for about two months. Even when I would ask her about where he was her reply was always, without a slip and very confidently "Oh, I threw him in a hole."
I know she is a smart little booger, but come on, I can not even keep straight a make believe playtime when she is the 'mommy' and I am the 'tiny-little-girl'. How in the world did she always remember where he was and that she had thrown him in a hole?
It was not until one day when I asked her where he was, to which she gave her same simple reply, and I demanded that I was going in the hole to talk to him. She looked at me as if I was doing something absurd! Then she took him out of the hole and he has played with us again ever since.
Nice vacation? I dont know...maybe I should ask him and see what Annaka says.
Now enter Jake the Pirate. He has come to join us in the past month.

We had a really hard time knowing what she was saying about "Jake". At first I thought she was talking about my cousin Jake....then realized she was saying Pirate Jake because of a Disney cartoon show she had seen all of twice.
This is not instead of Tyrone, but along with him. They are friends? I think. Sometimes, not always, they both play with her at the same time.
I am still very confused as to how old they are. This past weekend Annaka notified me that Pirate Jake is going to marry Tyrone's mom.
A taste of whats to come.....
One of Annaka's favorite things to do... Dress Up!


0 comments:
Post a Comment