Why is it that people tend to not talk about deep matters. It is almost as if we have a book of 'appropriate' answers and comments we are allowed to say to one another.
Why is it when we have a bad day or when we are hurting or struggling we stay silent. Sometimes we need to talk about it. Not only to 'get it out' or to get through it, but to allow others to see the power and strength of the Lord. He allows us to experience these struggles not because we are strong or we can 'handle' it....but because He is strong. Because it is His strength He is glorified.
I am guilty as charged on this matter. Just look at my blog.....photos and daily events. Hmmm, how does this document my 'pilgrimage to motherhood'?
Maybe I am saying that I will post more about the reality of what I am thinking about or doing for the day....even if it does not involve a cute picture of our little three year old....even if it means something that I need help with....even if it means something I am struggling with. Yes, some days it will still just be a picture and a cute story.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Things people dont talk about....
Posted by c&v at Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love reading your blog and seeing the cute pics of your daughter. It really makes me look forward to motherhood. Thanks for so honestly sharing this post! I am guilty of sharing only the good stuff too! We always want to make life seem happy, but part of the joy of being a Christian is that when things are a little tough we have a Savior beside us and a network of brothers and sisters in Christ to encourage is and join us in prayer! Hope all is well! I pray for you guys often!
Kat J
(part of LU little India cultural experience in 2009 in case you were wondering who this.)
Valerie... have you read my blog? It has a lot to do with the real life struggles and sadness. Let me know what you think. www.jillydavis.com
PS.... I love your blog!
Post a Comment