CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

18 Weeks


It seems the first thing I do no matter where I am, is look for a bathroom and find out about food. Will there be food there? Should I bring snacks? Who am I kidding, I always bring a purse full of snacks now. :) I question if there will be a bathroom nearby. I know what places have the 'good' bathrooms....and have even accidentally gone into the mens bathroom only to come out of the stall to see a man washing his hands. How embarrassing! When I stopped to think, these things can seem like quite an annoyance. One more thing to think about. But maybe it is all preparation. Those are two of the most important things I will have to think about as a mom....making sure the child eats and goes to the bathroom. Or at least changing the childs diaper. (And the large purse full of food might be great preparation for remembering a diaperbag, only it will not be filled with granola bars and water bottles)

This week has brought a few firsts as well. The first time I have been able to go to a restaurant and not be sick(this kid loves taco salad)...wear perfume and not get sick...stay up till 11:00p while waking up the next day at 5:15a and not throwing up from lack of sleep. I could keep going but they are really only interesting and exciting to me.

The biggest deal right now though is that suddenly (at 18 weeks) I am not nearly as nauseous anymore! What an amazing phenomenon...a feeling I thought I would never feel again. :) Dont get me wrong its still there, constant nauseousness, but I am not afraid I will loose it in front of anyone anymore.

Lastly, I was also very convicted this past week. Learning from Job in chapter two where he was brought near death yet he did not curse the Lord stopped me in my tracks. Yes I have been very sick, but no where near death. I have had a bad attitude and have even made excuses for not spending time with the Lord because I was sick. Reality was, I did not want to. I would rather sit in self pity which did not glorify the Lord one bit. I pray this doe not mean I will get pregnant and sick again so that I can practice glorifying the Lord in difficult physical times, but I am looking forward to the Lord rather than dwelling on how I feel. I dont know if I would have come to the realization of this several weeks ago...but for now, this is something I am learning.



3 comments:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Oh yeah, that purse full of food and bathroom location will definitely come in handy! Nice picture!

Pam said...

Valerie,
I love the picture--you look great! It is so wonderful to realize that God is good even when things aren't going "right" (whatever right is??).
I know the feeling going somewhere and the first thing you look for is the bathroom (either for the children or myself!).
I really enjoy reading your and Clint's blogs. Keep blogging! It's is a great way to know what is going on in your life and how to pray for you!
We love you, Clint and the precious little baby God has blessed you with!
Have a great week!

natalie said...

i love the picture, even though i've seen some already.. :) but im glad you finally posted again!!