CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

24 Weeks and Counting:)

I have been searching online to find when the third trimester begins. Some say as early as 24 weeks, and one said as late as 30 weeks. Any way you look at it, our little girl is growing like crazy.

I feel like I have doubled in size the past two weeks, have trouble getting comfortable to sleep, and have still not quite figured out this eating thing. For so long I could not eat anything...then on to random foods....then the hunger struck a few weeks ago...and now, I eat half a side salad and feel like I have eaten a thanksgiving feast! There is just no room for food to go in. Our little girl is taking up all the room:)

The thing that has been so amazing recently is how she moves! I feel like she does barrel rolls and flips mostly, but when she settles into one position, she kicks. Now her kicks can be felt pretty good from the outside so Clint gets to enjoy it as well. He jokes that we should name her Mia after Mia Hamm the soccer player.

It really is a feeling that is so alien it makes me laugh! We were in staff meeting at work when I was sitting with my hands clasped, resting them on top of my growing belly. She must not have liked it so much, or thought it would be funny to claim her space and began kicking my hands so hard I jumped! I began laughing out loud! Its a good thing a director with a great sense of humor was speaking about his fields in Europe and Africa. He tells fun stories and everyone just thought I was laughing at something he said:)

A friend from church had her baby Monday. We went to visit them yesterday. She looks amazing, sitting up and beautiful after a c-section and he is an amazingly handsome little fella. I love how he is so tiny (well, to me a 6 lb baby is tiny) and yet each feature is so clearly defined and perfect. Incredible.

I cannot wait to see our little girl, but for now I am really enjoying this pregnancy thing and am happy just feeling her flip and move.

3 comments:

natalie said...

i can't wait until you come here so i can see you and my niece and feel her kick :) i can't wait!! i love you!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I can't wait 'til you come to KC in April and I can't wait 'til my darling granddaughter is born. Oh, love the shirt (now you have something to wear on St. Patrick's Day so no one will pinch you)! Love you LOTS!

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Hooray for enjoying pregnancy!! Now here's the question...now that you feel the way you do NOW...adoption or twins isn't so urgent now, huh? You could do this again??