This is my new favorite food. Or maybe I should say Annaka's new favorite food! I have enjoyed it so much, it makes the top of the blog today:) Chicken salad made with plane yogurt, honey, grapes and apples. mmmm. I honestly thought I would NEVER eat chicken again seeing as it was the first thing that made me sick and I could not eat it, smell it or even think of it until the past three weeks.
(Today...at 26 weeks)
These past four or five weeks or so have been the best weeks of the pregnancy! I have not felt sick at all, have been able to eat what I want...which now includes chicken as well...and people are recognizing that I am pregnant and not simply gaining weight or liking to rub my belly.
Our appointment Tuesday with the midwives was an interesting one as well. We found out that I have gained about as much weight in the past four weeks as I have the entire first half of the pregnancy! Whoa....not expecting news like that. It definitely stopped me in my tracks! Midwife Kathy told us that the baby is measuring bigger than expected as well. So, either we are having a HUGE kid...or we will be getting to meet little Annaka early. (I'll let you guess which one I am hoping for)
So I guess the moral of this weeks story is.......
When you almost double your weight gain in four weeks....
You must change eating habits to this--->
Which is not quite as much fun as ice cream and mini powdered sugar donuts. (Yes, im a carb queen)
We also met with our friend and Doula, Heather afterward. She is great and talking with her has made Clint and I even more excited! Heather had her little Avy at the Birth Center last year and has assisted several births there and at
local
(Check out DONA.org if you dont know what a doula is....I didnt at first either)
(I am embarrased to put this picture up seeing as the second it was snapped, the shower curtain fell, but its the only one I have for 25 weeks)
Sorry, I have not posted pictures in a while....This last one is a picture of 24 weeks. It was my last week in the office as well. (Praise the Lord!) I am now working at home for two months, and will quit working in May. That will give me a month or so to get ready for being a mom.


1 comments:
i am SO glad that you posted!!! yay!! i can't wait to see you in april!! :) i am in oklahoma at the moment and will be here until thursday :) have a great day! i love you!
Post a Comment