Showers...
We had our first two baby showers last weekend!They were so much fun...and a little awkward at the same time. It is fun to see everyone and to play with fun little things for Annaka, but it is quite awkward being the center of attention. I did not really know what to say or do! Why do we put pregnant people who dont look or feel great in the center of a room and have all eyes on them as presents are opened?! I will never know, but I am very very grateful.
I also learned why I was advised by several people not to register for any clothing. I remember them assuring me that Annaka would be given more than enough without registering for it. They were sooo right! People are so generous with clothing. For every gift we got from her registry, we got four outfits! Here are a few of my favorites...(this little girl already has more clothes than I have ever had at one time...and if you ask me in ten minutes I may choose completely different outfits as favorites since they are all cute!)
"Green "
"Pink ...and a diaper bag"
"Two more favorites I could not leave out and of course a KU shirt:)"
Clint was very happy to see some green. I think he is afraid I will have Annaka in pink every day of her life!
Springtime...
I am soooooo looking forward to warm weather. Not only because that means June 19th is that much closer...but it means we can be outside and enjoy it! No more bundling up or freezing your fingernails off. We celebrated the first warm week by grilling out last night.
Sox is watching Clint's back as he makes chicken tikka, shrimp, and grilled veggies... its a tough job, but someone has to be willing to sit by the grill and smell the aroma:)
Well, Clint gets some of the aroma privileges since he was the master griller. Watch out Barefoot Contessa and Steven Raichlen (BBQ U)...you have competition.
Ready to enjoy dinner outside with the Hagans.
And, I knew I could not get away with not posting a weekly picture...here is Annaka and I at 31 weeks...as I stop to smell the grill:)
Friday, April 18, 2008
Showers, Springtime and 31 weeks
Posted by c&v at Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
awe!! i miss you already! you should just move you and clint and the house and sox and taylor and jess here.......... i LOVE that idea! because then i can see you all and your belly all the time AND little Annaka when she is here!! i love you!!!!!
fun times with the baumans! yeah, good point about the awkwardness of all eyes on you and the belly...i'll see what that's like in a week...
hasn't it been WAAAAAAAAY past a week, so you need to update your 32 week pictures :) :)
i love you
you're looking beautiful Valerie! looking forward to seeing pictures of your precious baby when she comes to join us! wishing you the best in these last couple months of pregnancy!
Post a Comment