CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

35 Weeks

It has been quite the busy few weeks! Baby showers, completed our birth classes, setting up the nursery, the list goes on and on!

First of all, here is a picture of Annaka and I at 35 weeks...



This gestational diabetes has taken us for a roller coaster the past month and a half or so. Very glad to get good news from the midwives, we were so excited to hear that Annaka is closer to the 'normal' size for this time in gestation! I have actually been loosing weight unintentionally while she is gaining and evening out. It has been difficult, but I am glad that we have been able to get blood sugars under control with diet and checking blood sugars 4x a day. I have my list of things I want as soon as our little Annaka is born though. Clint has it memorized and repeats it to me often:) (Apple Juice, Apple pie, french fries, bowl of cereal, anything bread...etc)
p.s. I will also be very glad to not have bruised up hands and arms from so many blood tests....




Annaka's closet is already more full than mine! I had to put away the few outfits we have in bigger sizes...these are only clothes Newborn to 6 months. I dont know how she will ever wear them all unless we have fun and change her clothes just to take pictures:)















Here is the pack in play my aunt got for us. We were so excited to put it together, but did not realize how complicated it can be. I wish I would have gotten a photo of Clint standing by the window with pieces in his hands and me standing on the other side of the contraption with the directions. We need to work on doing this quicker or it wont be quite as convenient to take it places with us:)

We love it. Its a fun fabric and so cute. I feel wierd with it sitting empty in our room. I feel like I need to put a doll in it or something:) I was very excited when our friend Faith came over for the afternoon and put her little girl Grace down for a nap in it! I got to see it in action and was given a great tip....move it away from the dresser and windows once she can reach things! Note to self!



Here is our crib all set up...well mostly set up. We found the crib at a smart moms sale for $50 including the mattress! It even turns into a toddler bed:) My mom got us the bedding and Clints mom the mobile. I put all the bedding on it and then realized I need to wash it first. Oh well, it was put together for some fun photos:) I love the three patterns....the swirls on the bumpers, polkadots on the sheets and the strips on the bedskirt.
(and we could not leave out a picture of Annaka's first toys:) )

I had better go for now. This post is long enough...and we have one last baby shower tonight (at my work) which I will post about tomorrow.



...something to ponder...


I see the King of Glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes

I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing, the people sing

Hosanna, Hosanna,
Hosanna in the Highest
Hosanna, Hosanna,
Hosanna in the Highest

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith

I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
Were on our knees, were on our knees

Hosanna, Hosanna,
Hosanna in the Highest
Hosanna, Hosanna,
Hosanna in the Highest

Heal my heart and make it clean
open up my eyes to the things unseen
and show me how to love like you love me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause

Hosanna, Hosanna,
Hosanna in the Highest
Hosanna, Hosanna,
Hosanna in the Highest


*If you don't know this song, be sure to look up either "Hosanna + Hillsong United" or "Hosanna + Christy Nockels"* (The Christy Nockels version is my favorite)

Its not a new song, but one that is so worshipful. You would think that the chorus alone 'Hosanna' meaning 'a cry of praise or adoration to God' would be powerful enough of a reminder of how his love and mercy covers our sin. How often do I really get on my knees to pray and seek him truly with 'selfless faith'. Even just that simple phrase, 'selfless faith' stumps me sometimes.

Simply pondering...


2 comments:

Jennifer Spinks said...

I love the bedding you have chosen for the crib. That patter is awesome!! It looks like you have everything ready for her arrival. I am sure you are getting very anxious to meet her. Praying for you!!

natalie said...

just think of all the clothes and things she is going to get at Christmas time when she is here and when she is born! :) i can't wit!! i am SO excited!!