CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Check List...36 Weeks

0 Birth Classes Complete
0 Baby Showers Finished
0 Shopping for Last Minute Baby Needs Done
0
0 Pediatrician found....ummm
0 Bags Packed....uhhhh
0 Baby Items Washed...hmmm


Some details are just still not done. Yes, we have finished birth classes at the Birth Center


have had fun at several baby showers,



and have been blessed with many wonderful things for our little girl.

We have used out gift cards to get the last minute items and have all put in our guesses as to when she will grace us with her presence. There are a few things that are still left undone. First of all, we need to pick out a pediatrician. I have called several and none of them have called back which many people tell me is a bad sign. And the obvious question everyone asks me is "Do you have your bag packed yet?" Nope... I dont yet. I started it but have not finished. It is on my to do list for this week.

We went to get our stroller (with a coupon:) ) only to find out they had discontinued it! How can they do that to such a big ticket item? Its not like something little we pick out because it is 'pretty' but something we research...find out what the consumer reports say...etc. It sent us on a wild goose chase. The new one we found is not available until June 1st. With the midwives saying that early delivery is a side effect of the gestational diabetes...we need to get a stroller/carseat now. We ended up buying our second choice stroller and matching carseat with the plan to keep it in the box until the first week of June. By then our first choice should be available. We can hopefully get it and return this second choice stroller. Sounds confusing, but if she comes really early or if it gets too confusing or difficult to exchange then we will just keep this one.


#2nd Choice Stroller

Welp, here is a 36 week photo....when is your guess as to Annaka's arrival:)?












































I could not resist putting in this photo showing Annaka making her presence known at the shower thrown by some friends at work....Does this look like a baby that wants to wait over a month to have room to move around?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Hey, a couple of the more important things you need to get done is pack your bag and get the clothes washed. You cannot put the clothes on Annaka until they are washed. Her soft skin could be irritated by clothes that have not been washed. I remember the first time they brought you to me in my room in the hospital. I took off the blankets just to make sure you had 10 toes, etc. and I remember being totally amazed at how soft your skin was. I am getting so excited!! You have done such a great job with your blog. It is very informative for those of us who do not get to be right there and go through everything with you up close AND your blog has been very entertaining! I love it! I love you both and am praying for you to get everything done so you can relax the last few weeks (days)!

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

um...i know i gave clint a hard time about changing his guess for her arrival date...but i might have to change mine too...or should I let her daddy win?? hmmm...nah.

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

p.s. the difference btw your 35 and 36 wks pics is amazing...she's so much further down, it's amazing!...i didn't think babies "dropping" was that noticable

Anonymous said...

I forgot to put in my guess as to when Annaka will arrive. I think she will be here June 11. Whenever it is, as soon as you call, I will be on a plane to Philly! Love ya LOTS!!!
Mom

natalie said...

soooo, i agree with mom! i LOVE the pictures and everything that you have put up. i miss you *soon to be* three and i love you all as well! i can't WAIT to see my ADORABLE little niece!! she has dropped A TON and my guess used to be June 16th, but im not sure that she will wait that long......maybe June 10th will be my guess..i can't wait!! i am getting SO excited!!

Unknown said...

Some day Annaka is going to LOVE seeing these progressive photos of her in your belly!! The shower pic is so funny - she's a perfect little ball, all cozied up! It's time she makes her appearance so we can hold her for you!!