CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Lottery

I have decided trying to guess when our little Annaka will arrive is like picking numbers in a lottery. I have never played the lottery before, but I would think this is what it would feel like to contemplate and try to pick the winning numbers.

We have a house pool going on. Clint guesses June 3rd, I guessed June 5th, Taylor guessed June 10th and Jess guessed June 20th. The winner gets free Ritas Water Ice....which is a pretty great prize...but I think I get to win no matter what. Not because I want Ritas, but because I get to a) not be big and pregnant anymore and b) get to be a mom and have a little baby girl in my arms:)
**note this photo was taken before Clint and I changed our date guesses...its not cheating as long as we guess before labor begins:)**

Someone guessed today which has now come and gone. Well, not officially gone since it is 11:30 at night, but believe me there is no baby coming in the next half an hour!

I want to know what day...or at least a ball park day that she will come so that my mom can buy a plane ticket....so I can be sure to have everything ready....and so my mom can maybe come a day early to help me know what I need to get ready.

I did my first load of baby laundry the other day. Sheets, outfits for coming home, receiving blankets, cute little socks, oh my nose could just permanently stay wrinkled up for how many times I stop to swoon over how cute everything is. Clint even went to get the laundry out of the dryer and I could hear him comment how cute the little tiny outfits and socks are! Just hearing him make that comment, unaware that I was listening, brought tears to my eyes! I dont know what I will do when I see him holding our little girl:)

For now, the waiting game continues.

2 comments:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

okay then if it's not cheating, I might change mine!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I cannot wait!!! I am packing my bag this weekend. My guess is June 11, but I'm not waiting until June 11 to pack my bag! I guess I'm not much of a gambler either. Oh brother, that song is in my head now, " . . . my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here . . . ." :)

Love ya LOTS!

Mom