Christmas....was soooo much fun! Annaka has learned to tear paper on presents and loves having all eyes on her! She even will wear the bow on her head if I take it off a gift and put it there.
Grandpa got her a Christmas dress. This is the only picture we have of her not lifting the dress up to chew on it. :) It was so cute! Grandma B also got her a Christmas sweater. I have to say one cousin did comment on how many wardrobe changes Annaka had in one day! She is a baby...she is allowed:)


One last thing about Christmas...Holidays have not been quite the same since my Grandma passed away two years ago. I am very sad my Grandma did not get to hold Annaka or experience her first Christmas with us. An amazing thing happened though. My sister decided to hold Annaka up to a picture of my grandma on the wall to 'introduce' them. All of us sat in amazement and tears as Annaka would 'talk' jabber and hug the picture. Every time Natalie would show her the picture Annaka would get so excited, kick her legs and do the same thing. It was like she already knew Grandma.
Skipping steps....I find myself saying quite often that Annaka has 'skipped a step' or is doing things a little out of order. It started at birth with forgetting to be born first before trying to suck her thumb. The day Annaka turned six months old (the 29th of Dec) she busted a move and showed us her independence. Forgoing mastering the crawling skill, she has now walked (while holding onto the edge of the toy box) from one side of her toy box to the other to get a toy she wanted. With out me holding onto her. Of course then she forgot she had to hold on, let go to grab the toy and fell backward. She thought she was so cool while it lasted:) She has done this more than once so I know it is not a fluke.
She has yet to walk on her own but she went straight from the army crawl/scooting around to now wanting to stand up all the time. She wants to walk from one things to another but after taking a few steps (while holding onto someones fingers) she steps on her own foot which prevents her from picking up her opposite foot. We can just see the frustration of "why isnt this working?" on her face!
I do have to say though, the biggest step she has skipped so far is sleeping through the night! She has conquered many things but still cannot make it all the way through the night. What a party we will have when she finally does it consistently and not just every blue moon!
To my surprise...Annaka can now pull herself up. She skipped a step here too. She cannot get from laying down to sitting up on her own but she can get from sitting to standing on her own. I set her in her crib with a toy while I picked up her room when to my surprise, she grabbed the bars and stood up. Later today she was sitting beside me when she grabbed my arm/elbow and pulled herself up to a standing position again.
Also to my surprise...baby teeth are razor sharp. Annaka bites on EVERYTHING! Anything that gets in the way...your finger... her toy... the hem of her pant leg... use your imagination... everything. One of her favorites is the side of her crib....
Well, this post is too long as it is so that is it for today. I will post more later this week.
:)
Monday, January 5, 2009
Our little girl is growing up! Soooo Quick!
Posted by c&v at Monday, January 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It's great to read an update :) I didn't mind the length at all and look forward to reading your next update post. We miss you guys. This past week Drew and I commented to each other how empty it now seems at church without you and the Hagans. Annaka is so beautiful. I'm sorry about your Grandma. My Pop Pop passed away now 10 years ago and we were very close. There are many days even still that I wish that he could have met Drew or see who I have become or met my children. It's great that Annaka responds so much to her photo. That is so special. Hope to talk soon. We love you all. Kristin
she is growing up quick.. :( but i have to say that when i held her up to grandma's picture it was incredible to see her talk and try and pull the picture off the wall. ya know how some people believe in that babies are in heaven and meet their family that are up there? i didnt believe that until i saw annaka do all that, its like she already knew her and was catching up with her. i love you and miss you!! cant wait to see you wednesday!
Taylor just said that Annaka may someday beat up our daughter, b/c we were talking about how STRONG she is!! What a cutie...my fave is the one of her gnawing on her crib rail:)
Post a Comment