CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 28, 2009

Where Did My Baby Go?

I know I have been watching my little girl grow up for the past 14 months but really....when did she quit becoming a baby! She walks, talks, feeds herself, has a mind of her own....if only she would change her own diaper (or potty train herself).

Selfishly I am sad that she does not need me as much. I know what some may say...just wait until they are a teenager, driving, etc and really dont think they need you.

I am excited to be seeing her little personality become more apparent:)

She is tender hearted toward her baby doll, putting it to bed in the pot-holder drawer, putting her doll in the high chair to eat, and in the carseat. All this is until she sees me holding the doll. Then she grabs the doll and throws it on the floor as hard as she can. (good thing we are not crossing that bridge anytime soon )

She will play with anything that is not a toy. (and some toys too) The other day this was her 'toy' of choice....

The non-stick spray lid and a travel laundry bag. Even more fun when Papa puts the laundry bag on top of her head. It becomes an instant tent. I thought she would throw it off her head immediately, yet she wanted to play inside!

She is also VERY opinioniated! She wants to use any dipping sauce she sees someone else using, wants me to put a bow on her head or her necklace around her neck. (for some reason I cannot find the photo of her in her high chair eating ... necklaces and all. ) She even insists on me putting her green crocks on her whenever she finds them. It does not matter if she already has other shoes on, or if she only brings me one shoe! She insists!

I have LOVED every minute being a mom and look forward to cherishing every moment to come! Annaka is so much fun! I love....
when she runs to give me a hug....

when she backs up toward me in order to sit on my lap...

when she takes a break from watching Veggie Tales to grab my arm and point to the tv to 'show me' what is going on...

when she dances around the living room with me...

when she uses the sign language she knows to tell me she wants 'more' or says 'please' to try to get out of taking a nap...

when she pats me and says in her sweet little voice "mama"

.......my heart just melts!



(I just had to throw this photo in too! She has ticklish legs! This is the photo we get when I am trying to get her to smile by tickling her leg.....she giggles and cannot sit still for the photo! )

1 comments:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

That's so cute of you guys cheesin' together!!