Burp...
Do you now the sound you can make when trying to sound like a frog. No, not the word Ribbit but when you suck air in and make a funny sound. One of Annaka's favorite things right now is to do that and then look around, giggle, and say "excuse me" with a big grin. She is pretending to burp. Newsflash little princess....girls are supposed to pretend to curtsy to twirl or diaper your baby doll....not burp!
Dogs...
Also, whenever she hears a dog barking she informs me that Clifford the big red dog is barking at her. We have had to have the conversation a few times already that we do not run up and try to pet every dog we meet on the street. In fact we really dont want to touch them at all. We should just wave.
Language...
We have been here a week today and Annaka (i think) has already picked up a word and used it correctly. Playing with play dough with Clint earlier today she looked at him and said "good good" but not in English! Somehow she has picked up studdering (the week before leaving) in English and is picking up language here. This will be quite an experience to see how her mind works now. (p.s. the sudden studdering thing sent me on a huge google-fest trying to see what is 'wrong' and what to do....found out it is normal around 2 or 2 1/2 and shouldnt last long....any advice? )
Sense of Humor...
She is developing a sense of humor all of her own. Making up stories, even using a different voice when telling me what someone (or something) says. She saw a squirrel hopping along and told me that he was looking for his mommy and was saying 'mommy, mommy, hold you me mommy' Yes the squirrel had his own voice.
Our sense of humor...
Sometimes it is just us that ends up rolling in laughter. I feel we laugh many times a day at what she says/does but this is t he only one that comes to mind as I am sitting to type this. She was supposed to be taking a nap the other day. I was laying by her in the bed and Clint walked in the room. I told her to tell Papa to come join the party. She then sat up, shouted with a smile "Papa, its party time!" I guess she figured I had to mean she did not have to take a nap if I mentioned a party!
Anyway, I had better go for now. Trying to log a few things in this blog so I remember them later. We are in a hotel room that literally has about three feet on three sides of the bed (which has luggage stacked in it) so there is no baby book or notebook at easy access to write these in!
Sorry, no pictures today:( Come again another day.


2 comments:
"Hold you me"-- I love that! Bailey says that and adds "me" with a lot of things... "shoe me", "book me", etc. So cute!
How fun Tara! Its fun to watch and listen to kids learn and grow:) I love seeing the pics on fb of little Bailey!
Post a Comment