A is for Annaka! and apple, and aligator.....
A letter a week. Well that is my ambition as of right now. Her four year old friend can read and write already and I think that has sparked something inside Annaka to want to as well. She picked up her friends paper and asked me what letters were on it then said "Lets write my name". I guess now is a better time than ever to begin with one letter. The letter 'A' seems like the best place to begin as it is not only the beginning of the alphabet but the beginning of her name. I was telling her "Up, down....then across" as I was holding her hand writing it over and over again. Then I told her to try it. She tried it several times then was done for the day. The next day when I gave her a piece of paper to write on she put her pencil down and looked at me with raised eyebrows. I told her "Up" and she did it. I helped her with the rest of the letter and asked her if she could make one herself. To that she confidently replied "No mommy, that 'A' needs hands and feet......(pause).....and a gog(dog) too." Then this is what she did to the 'A'. Pretty good. I give her an "A":) sorry...had to say it.
P.S. Annaka calls elevators 'alligators'. Maybe this is the week to let her know elevator does not start with the letter A:)
(the events of dec 11th)
Friday, December 17, 2010
A is for...
Posted by c&v at Friday, December 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment