When entering a new culture there are many joys and many frustrations as you re-learn to do common, everyday things.
Shopping, for instance. I dont think I will every get used to having someone follow, one step behind, beside, and infront of me. Not only do they analize everything I look at or pick up...they stand in front of items I would like to look at and stare at me. Or sometimes when you are looking for something specific they throw many options in front of you without giving you the chance to look for yourself. I say all this and then go to a hobby store to get some paint (I'm painting butterflies on Annaka's bed) and could not find someone who works there to answer my question -or- ring up my purchase.
There are, however, ways I realize how I am growing accustomed to some fo the ways of life here. I remember getting a little uneasy and a bit frustrated when they would tell me I need to leave my bags at the door. Then I learned they did not mean my purse...just excess bags. Bags from the other stores. Recently while shoping I checked bags in stores...then went into a store that did not collect bags from shoppers. Rather than being relieved, I was a bit frustrated. I had stopped at a bookstore early on in the day and my bag was heavy:)
Fun Halloween Snacks for Kids
1 week ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment