CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Par-tay at School

Our community is in full holiday swing. Nine nights of celebration beginning with worship to a 'deity' and then hours of dancing around. During holiday season our friends like to dress up in new colorful outfits.



Most schools have religious worship inter-twined with daily activities. That was one reason it was difficult for us to find the right school. We were directed to one that does not involve the religious side of the holidays which gives us an opportunity to help Annaka see they are having a 'special time' but she also knows that we do not celebrate it.

Rather than a celebration for the current holiday the class dressed up and had a dance party the last 30 minutes of class. (No idols present, only fancy dresses and crazy2-4 year olds dancing about the room)

Annaka borrowed an outfit from a friend, I french braided her hair and we were off.









We decided that I will join her class whenever there is one of these 'celebrations' to make sure we know what is going on and so that we can either take Annaka home and/or can talk to her...which means fun pictures!



Well, pretty fun. She was having fun until I got there. Then she cried and cried. She just wanted me to hold her.


I got a couple of pouty faced photos (like the one above) and that was it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable in that outfit!