Lord,
Thank you so much for the blessings you allow us to experience in our lifetime. The beginning of October is a special time as we celebrate the birthday of my Grandmother Dorothy.
Even though she is not with us here on earth anymore, I thank you so much for allowing me to have such a wonderful Grandma. She was and is loved by so many...including me along with five other grandkids.
Thank you for her example as a woman who loved and followed after You. Thank you for the memories we have of cutting and pasting with her, having picnics using cassette tapes as food, and painting fingernails together. (and many many many more)
Thank you for the lessons in prayer I have learned from her as she diligently prayed for her family and friends. Thank you for the lessons she taught me of how to be supportive even when you cannot physically be present as she could not go to service with my Grandfather every Sunday but was at home and prayed for every person there (by name!).
Lord, even though we miss her and it hurts that we cannot physically hug her neck, talk to her, and that my daughter will never get to meet her on this earth, I am so thankful that she is no longer suffering physical pain in this worldly body, but that she is rejoicing in you, pain free, in Heaven right now. I know that You plan is perfect and that You choose the time to bring her home to be with You.
Lord, help me to continue to learn from her example to be a better wife, mom and to be an example someday to my grandkids.
Thank you for allowing me to have such an amazing Grandma.
Amen



1 comments:
Thanks Valerie, I agree with your prayer--Amen and Amen!
Post a Comment