This year I began what I thought would be a simple evening project. I was quickly proved wrong when cutting out, ironing and stitiching 25 little red pockets. It was a loooong night!
First, Annaka and I ventured out and got fabric.
Cut the red fabric into squares for the pockets.
Yep, all 25 of them.
Then printed off numbers to trace onto the white fabric with a sharpie. The white fabric was light weight enough to see through to trace, then sew them doubled over.
Here it is hung up...
And all the goodies inside. Verses, symbols and candy.
It actually started a lot of great conversations by looking at what is in the daily pocket. The verses that were written out and the symbol that is there too. Next year I will look for different things/verses etc to fill it with...and it will already be made so we will be able to start it on time! :)
P.S. This is Annaka's project while I was starting this project. It was completed long after she went to bed, but she got at least one piece of paper cut to teeny pieces, and a picture of Repunzel drawn:)







0 comments:
Post a Comment