CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 12, 2012

What A Welcome...

Were back home in Asia and what a welcome we got,
we knew thered be bumps, but expecting this we were not.

Rescheduled, re-routed, delta could have done greater,
our bags were delayed, still not here a week later.

No electricity or internet, and it was mighty hot.
The defrosted food in the freezer had began to rot.

Thankfully some good friends had us over to rest,
in the cool air of their ac, oh we were so blessed!

Annaka excitedly jumped right into her school,
while I battled with our french press and broke my own rule.

I broke it.

And it broke me.






Ok, I am not good enough to keep going :) I ran out of rhymes. Or ran out of time.

We did make it safe, in one piece. The flights did not seem as bad as we were going through them, but the jet lag was/is a pill! Sitting in our last connection airport from 10:30pm until our 6am flight is what I think topped the cake of getting our sleep off schedule. I do, however, like that it is getting us up earlier now. I kind of hope that part sticks.

As soon as we arrived, it made my heart happy to hear Annaka joyfully shout "Were Home!" over and over! We are all glad to be back and are enjoying seeing our friends here! Getting back into routine.


0 comments: