CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One Month Celebration

Happy One Month Old Annaka!

It may just be one month but we sure celebrated! Cake and all:) I am not sure how thrilled Annaka was about her cake. I think she knew she did not really get to eat it or touch it.

We even lit a candle and sang happy one month birthday in English, Spanish and Hindi. Lets see how much we can confuse her language already!

She even almost got her first bite! After blowing out the candles, Clint and I grabbed a fork to dig in. My first bite fell off my fork onto her head. I found chocolate cake crumbs all over her for the rest of the evening.

I cant believe how fast this month has gone by! I always heard people say that and I kind of snickered...but now I am the one saying it and really cannot believe it. Where has the time gone! She even smiled yesterday for the first time (on purpose...not just gas). No, I did not get my camera, but cried like the emotional mom I am.

I will try to make posts longer and with more content as I learn how to manage time with an infant better. For now, we are learning how to stay awake while we eat(both of us)... attempting to get on a schedule... re-reading baby wise...and having fun with pictures!

"Oh, forgot to mention practicing our dance moves..."





"Uhhh, Mom, thats not where my pants go. Are you really going to take my picture like this?"

"... this is what I think about that."

4 comments:

tori said...

Val--I love reading your posts about Annaka! I am so glad you're enjoying her so much and I can't believe she is 1 month old!!!

See you guys sometime soon, hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Annaka did not eat the cake you dropped on her 'cause she's waiting for her cookie cake! She is so cute and I love her so much! I just ache because I cannot hold her! We are very excited for you to visit us in a few weeks.

Love ya LOTS!

Grandma "V"

Unknown said...

Happy 1 month old, Annaka!! (Between you and me...your mommy is very silly! But, she is a good mommy and loves you a whole lot!)

Jennifer Spinks said...

I can't believe Annaka is 1 month old already. She has really grown a ton since her birth! Looks like you are loving being a mom!