
Annaka is 6 weeks old! Well, almost 7. So much has gone on in the past few weeks I don't even know where to begin. She finally made it back up to her birth weight. At her 4 week weight check she was 9lbs....one ounce away...and on her five week weight check she was a whopping 9lbs 12 oz. She feels heavier now ... its just good to know she is finally gaining weight!
1. We cant leave her anywhere anymore. At 4 1/2 weeks old she rolled over! I thought it was a fluke but she did it again the next day! Then today, Friday the 15th, we put her on her tummy on top of the boppy pillow and she crawled over it onto her play mat. I have a feeling she is going to keep us on our toes!
2. I have added an accessory that I cannot do with out. I have had maybe 3 watches my whole life. None were worn more than a week or two. When we started thinking about a schedule and trying to moniter things closer I realized all of our clocks said different times. Our computer, our cell phones and the alarm clock (which is satelite or something...it sets itself) all said different times. Sure its only a few minutes here and there but it gets confusing. I decided to go to walmart and get the cheapest watch I could find to make sure it was something I really did need/use. This $7 watch has become one of my best friends! If I forget to put it on after my shower I feel lost! Wierd.
3. Her cry is changing. She started out so quiet....then it was like someone took the mute out of the trumpet and we heard exactly how loud her lungs are. It was a cute little lamb cry that I am imitating as I type out this post. Now she only cries like that when she is REALLY angry or frustrated. Her face gets all red and yesterday she began shreaking every once in a while.
4. I need to teach Annaka the definition of this very important word....NAP. She does not like to sleep. She wants to be up all day long. She wants to see everything. Some days I try for three or four hours to get her to take a nap before she finally falls asleep. I am still learning how to get anything accomplished during the day. Cleaning our room, folding the laundry, take a nap, anything.
One day she fell asleep and I knew I would be in our room the whole time so I laid her on our bed and this is how she slept.....I laughed so hard! How dramatic...which is perfect to explain some of our moments. She definitely is dramatic.
5. Lastly, Our friend Jonathan (www.jonathandurling.com) took some family photos...here are a few...


Here are some links to more photos....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2165876&l=8f8f3&id=55704549
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2159587&l=9049b&id=55704549
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2156032&l=00956&id=55704549
Friday, August 15, 2008
6 Weeks Old
Posted by c&v at Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Love the pics, esp. the black & white:) I also like your comparison to taking the mute out of the trumpet...cracks me up.
i LOVE all the pictures!! i hate being at school away from you and Annaka...
Post a Comment