I was really spoiled when pregnant with Annaka. I had wonderful midwives who answered any question, were always available and who took good care of me. I felt I understood what was going on, what they were expecting and what they would be doing for my prenatal care. They took a blood and urine sample at each visit, spent 45 minutes walking me through what was going on, what they were checking, what was important between then and my next visit and then what to be concerned about.
We will just say the beginning of this pregnancy has been very interesting. A rush to get an ultra sound two weeks after we arrived (I will talk about that more in another post), then an even more interesting OB appointment.
We are referred by our good friends who are in the medical community here in our city. This OB came very highly recommended. No blood sample, no urine sample. She took my blood pressure and felt my tummy. Then her 'advice' was
1. I should be holding my breath as long as I can each day to increase lung supply for pushing.
2. I needed to pray to the deity of my choice twice a day to ward off negative thoughts.
3. I should not be taking the nausea meds my OB in the USA had told me to take over the phone, I should take a different one. (I later found out was simply unisom and b-6)
4. Since I have a history of miscarriages she told me to go to the pharmacy to get hormone shots.
That was it. Appointment over. No hint of needing another appointment, nothing.
If we were having one, I would be toughing it out and going to visit other ob's in the city and would most likely deliver here. With two in tow and a bit higher risk we are actually staying in touch with my Dr from the states and will be going back to Kansas to deliver. We were told to have ultrasounds done at least monthly and the rest can wait until I get to the states in October.
I will not really have constant in-person prenatal care until my pregnancy is half way over. That raises my eyebrow a bit but we know who is in control so I am trusting the Lord.
Fun Halloween Snacks for Kids
1 week ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment