CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Update

I know that being sick is a good thing in pregnancy. I am thankful that HE is creating two little lives and I pray every day for them to be healthy and strong. Some days are easier to handle and accept that I am just not going to feel good for a while and other days are a great struggle. A great struggle for our whole family.

At the risk of being complaisant, I have had enough people ask how I am feeling that I should probably post about that. Also to log what is going on in this pregnancy. I like the fact that I can look back in this blog and see that I was sick until 18 weeks when pregnant with Annaka. Helps me know that I am not abnormal because I am still sick now at 12.5 weeks. I am praying hard that maybe because it is more intense this time it will let up quicker.....say 13 weeks. That would be nice. Then in the next two days I would be able to start to get back to normal, or at least out of the confinements of our house and bedroom.

When pregnant with Annaka I was sick and had the mindset that if I threw up I would feel better. WRONG. That does not work when preggo. 30 seconds later you feel just as bad. This time there are a few other factors that really make me not want to throw up. I can hardly eat anything and I am living in a different part of the world. I have a fear of hospitals (I will save that for another post) and do not want to end up dehydrated in one here. I have been trying hard NOT to throw up. It does not always work, but I have learned that if I rock back and forth in front of my little pick bucket under the ac and take deep breaths I can at least hold it off for a while. Any nutrient I actually get into my body I want to keep there. Especially since there are two little ones who both need the nutrition.

My biggest complaint during this pregnancy though is a feeling of being strangled. Strange, yes. I cannot have anything touching my neck or the majority of my shoulders or I puke/gag. I am on constant zofran (the equivalent here) and the last hour before I can take the next pill, I feel a tightening around my neck which sends me over the bucket. I remember not being able to wear my hair down when preggo with Annaka but it was not to this extent.

For now, I am trying to have the best attitude possible and continually remind myself that this too shall pass. In a few weeks I will (hopefully) be able to enjoy this pregnancy more and will find some relief. Until then, I praise the Lord for these two little babies, I thank the Lord for an amazingly wonderful husband who takes good care of me and Annaka, and I thank the Lord for a 4 year old little girl who is excited about her little siblings and who is patient and plays in my room with me so that I can spend time with her.

Thank you Lord for your blessings!

1 comments:

CD said...

Praying for you as you go through this time! I cannot imagine...I will be praying for calmness and peace of mind, and for the sickness to be over soon. Ah, the things we go through to have our little ones! :).