CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2012

Mangos...how we miss you

Mango season is over. Which is sad on one hand and a relief on the other. You see, mangos are only in the market during HOT season. They are God's relief from the 110, 120, 130 degree weather. Which explains the bittersweet day they are no longer in the market. We know not only by feeling that the temperature is falling and the rains will begin.

Annaka has taken after her father with her love for Mangos. They could put down a whole box of them in one sitting. I like them, but they SERIOUSLY love them.

Clint was out one day and Annaka was begging for Mangos. I was not feeling well and told her that she should wait for Papa because he can cut them up better and will eat them with you.

Well, that was not good enough for her. She said "Come on Mama, I will teach you." There I go, my plan backfired. I HAD to get up now and cut a mango. She was talking as an expert so I figured I would see what she new. I told her to tell me what to do and was surprised. She knew exactly what to do!

1. Cut the mango around the pit and score it. Then flip it.

2. ....Then enjoy each bite!












 3. And we mean every bite!






4. Then grab the pit. There is still lots of good mango around it! 



Until next year beloved mangos.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love mangos! I had no idea how to cut them and always make a mess and end up throwing out perfectly goods go because awful at cutting the. Lol. Thanks for the lesson annaka!

Vicky