I feel as though the past few days have brought a new perspective. Thursday was the beginning of our 15th week. So far the second trimester (the past week and a half) has proved to give a slight bit of relief. More so the past few days.
This slight relief has given a time to be excited. For the first time, I can honestly say I have been able to think about, dream about, and be excited about having a baby. It’s finally becoming more real. For so long I have been only really thinking about myself and how horrible I feel. All of this self pity was alongside a deep guilt in knowing my selfishness. I cannot do anything about the past and now I have to regroup and learn to deal with the next few months (171ish days but who is counting.) I thank the Lord for this blessing. I am not sure I will ever want to do this again, but I am very grateful for what the Lord is teaching me.
I feel I have learned how to handle some of the 'quirks' of this pregnancy. My go-go-gadget nose lets me know when anyone in the apartment building is cooking...then my over excited stomach responds by giving me back anything I have eaten in the recent past. How thoughtful. J I have learned to eat constantly…but not too much at a time. This has proved to cause quite a scene with people around us when I must open a granola bar during church. It even ends up making a scene when I try to be discrete. Rather than holding on to a noisy tic tac container during morning prayer at work, I decided to pour several tic tacs in my hand….and when they melted all over turning my hand orange and white it caused a scene with those sitting nearby.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
A Fresh New Perspective
Posted by c&v at Sunday, December 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Glad you are feeling better. I am excited for you guys that you can start to feel more excited :-) I am also excited for Clint as I know exactly what you have been going through these last few weeks.
im glad you're feeling better!! i love you and i can't WAIT to see you and Clint and BB soooooONNNNNN!!!!!
Post a Comment