CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tiny little feet so cute you can eat them...39 Weeks


This is my bag. It is packed. It is waiting to go to the birth center to welcome Annaka. Notice some books waiting on the ottoman. Ok, those are not really there on purpose for Annaka but are there only because we had friends over for dinner who have two little ones...but it adds to the meaning of the photo I guess.


This past week has been an emotional roller coaster! We really thought Annaka would be in our arms by now. I realized that I had set my mind to her coming early because that is what everyone was saying....the midwives...everyone. I had things planned up through Wednesday. To do lists written, even the order of everywhere I needed to go when running errands. For some reason all of my planning came to a complete halt after Wednesday. I had not really even planned on being at our small group Bible study that night. Thursday and Friday I did not really know what to do with myself. It was like my brain and my whole body just tuned off. It turned me into an emotional mess. (poor Clint has had to put up with crazy me lately)

Today I woke up and really wanted to make cookies and use our new cookie cutter that is in the shape of baby feet. So, that is exactly what I did...at 9am.


I even got to eat a few because I used a recipe I found online that is low carb/low sugar.


The most exciting things lately would probably have to be the most disappointing also. We have had a lot of 'practice' labor....to the point of having contractions 6 minutes apart for a few hours...that eventually just went away. They are not supposed to do that!

I know we still have a few days until our actual due date (Thursday, the 19th). All but one persons guess as to when Annaka would arrive has already passed. (Jess' guess is Friday) I know its slim chances, but I am still hoping for tomorrow....on Fathers day. What a fun first Fathers day for Clint:)

For now....heres to 39 weeks....

2 comments:

natalie said...

i cannot WAIT until my little niece is born!! :) i thought my dream last night was SO real because i couldve SWORN that your water REALLY did break!! i got THE cutest dress a couple weeks ago for her! SO cute! i miss you and can't wait to see you and Clint and ANNAKA!! :) love you!

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

those cookies are cute (and delicious) and so is that blue & white shirt...when did you get that?