Our due date has now come and gone.....and still we have no baby in our arms. I find it funny how I make up excuses about why she should come the following day. I said she might come the 17th because "No one guessed that day...she wants her own guess"....Errrrr wrong....Yesterday I was saying "Maybe she is more obedient that we give her credit for and will actually come on our due date" Errrrrr wrong again. A lady today told me that this is the first way a child tries to tell parents that they want to be in charge.
I think she is entirely too big and strong to still be scrunched in that small space. When laying down the other day I felt her forcefully extend her leg...and even kicked my bone. When there was no more room she kicked and did it again harder. That should not be happening. I told her there is much more room out here to stretch her legs!
I am realizing that some of the lessons I learned during the first trimester are returning. I am seeing Clint have patience with my crazy emotions and random crying about nothing....and I am learning all over again how to deal with peoples pointless comments. I was grocery shopping on Monday and had three employees come tell me that I needed to hurry up and get out of their store because they did not want me having my baby while there. Again, I know they meant no harm, but come on now....what good does that comment do? Its not encouraging or something I like to hear over and over and over again. If I have learned anything from dumb comments, I have learned how to be sensitive to pregnant people when I see them.
So what did I do....sat in my car and cried.....then went home and made a lemon aid pie, quiche, and stuffed peppers. I was about to fall over of exhaustion and back pain but for some reason HAD to make those things right then! We pulled out the quiche to eat for dinner tonight and after the frozen beast was in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour and was still frozen, we decided to cut it and microwave the pieces. How gormet huh.
We had quite an eventful day yesterday (Wednesday) thinking it was going to be 'the day'. I woke up feeling horrible. I had been up for quite a while the night before in pain and then was having some not so fun, inconsistent contractions that morning/afternoon. I hung out at home, took a nap and got a foot rub from Clint. We really thought we would be calling the birth center that night and thought Annaka would be joining us soon...Errrrr wrong yet again.
The events of Wednesday sent me into tears on Thursday (today) as it is our actual due date and I was not even having the same contractions or feelings I was having the day before. I ended up going to get a pedicure. This turned into quite an event when they found out today was my due date. It was a cool spa that is near our house. I felt like I was in Steel Magnolias or another play of some sorts as everyone talked with each other, commenting on whatever conversation was going on. It did not matter if they were involved or not, no conversation was off limits. I was going to put a photo of my freshly painted toes, but somehow in the past two days, my ankles have disappeared.
I guess all we can do now is wait.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Due Date come and gone....40 Weeks
Posted by c&v at Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hey girl! I know it's hard to wait but it can't be long now. I've been thinking of you a lot this week since my kiddo turned 3 last Saturday. It goes so fast. We are praying for you and thinking about you daily. Can't wait to hear that you have your sweet baby in your arms. Until then, I will pray for you at 2:30 in the morning!!!! Wishing you the easiest birth possible....
Isn't that awful what some people can say to a pregnant woman?! I especially hate when people come up to pregnant women and tell them how big they have gotten...like they really want to hear that!! But anyways...i hope your little one comes soon!!!
Valerie, I know the waiting is, oh so hard...but if there is one thing I have learned in this life, it is that God in His infinite wisdom, has absolutely perfect timing!!! Hard to trust that at times, especially when going through pain...Know we are all praying for you, Clint and Annaka to arrive safe and healthy and at God's perfect timing!!!
Post a Comment