Most days, one of my favorite times is reading Annaka her bedtime story. We get her Bible storybook out and have been reading one or two stories a night. (I say most days because I am human and am some days flat out exhausted....or its Clints turn that evening) I lay beside her and we read and converse. Most days she listens well and talks about the story. One day last week we could not get through the story at all. We were reading about the good Samaritan. All Annaka could focus on was the fact that in the picture the man was laying on the ground and there was a donkey beside him so *obviously* there was a problem...."The donkey ate his clothes!"
She would not even let me read the story. I eventually was laughing so hard I had to stop and call it a night. She was so worried about that man's clothes. We still have not gotten through that story. Maybe in a couple weeks or with a different little Bible story book ... with a different picture... I will try again with the good Samaritan. :)
On another note...
it has been fun to see these times in the Word shape her little heart and actions. She was having a difficult time obeying one day. Many times she got in trouble for not obeying and then refused to say 'thank you' or 'Im sorry'. Even just before bed Papa told her to 'come here' and she said no, stomped her foot and threw a fit. In the last moments of the day the Bible story we read was the Prodigal son. We were talking about how he came back and said he was sorry to his Papa and his Papa forgave him and gave him a big hug. She immediately said "Oh, I need to go say Im sorry to Papa" , hopped off her bed, ran into the living room, jumped on top of her Papa, gave him a hug and said "I sorry for disobeying Papa!" No prompting. Simply putting two and two together. I love watching how the Word shapes her little heart.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Sweet Moments
Posted by c&v at Sunday, February 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment