Memories. Nicknames. Sweet moments.
Sweet moments that we look back on with a smile come quite often. Many of these are times when we were trying to 'punish' Annaka yet end up trying hard to disguise our smile/laugh. For example last week when Annaka was having a hard time falling asleep. I went in and did not see her in bed. After searching, I found her hiding behind my bedroom door, my lipstick all over her face and cotton balls in both hands and a gigantic sleepy....past midnight...smile.
But this next one...no....this was not one of those moments.

side of her dresser,

and on the toilet seat in the bathroom(I will spare you a picture of that one). First of all, yuck, why was she even in the bathroom in the first place....and with a brown crayon...coincidence? Hmm?
(do you see she even moved a little box beside the dresser to stand on to 'color higher'. Creative)
This situation has brought two things to mind.
1. I am thankful marble is the local lineoleum. Cheap and covering the floors of every house/apartment/store/etc. It may be tough to stand on all day but crayon wipes right off with a wet rag, Yay.
2. I am also thankful I brought a magic eraser with me from the states. Most of it (from other locations) is gone!
Even though this was an event to boil my blood....Clint seems to help me keep my perspective (remember THIS post?) He, after giving her a stern talking to, began laughing and decided to give her the nickname Picasso. He helped me to enjoy the little moments. (after the punishment time that lasts all of two minutes for a two year old) Thank you honey!
I am working on another post about this. About enjoying the sweet little moments and savoring every blessing. Some things the Lord is working on my heart about etc. Maybe another day or two.
p.s. She calls herself Picasso sometimes now.


0 comments:
Post a Comment