CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 4, 2011

Im in the club....

Yes, I am officially 'in the club.' No, not some club that gives you high social status or a free pool to swim in. I now have the accepted 'in' to my little girls special blankie club. When snuggling last week I was enjoying my little moments of holding my little girl close and thinking of how these days of her being this little will not last long. She was (as ALWAYS while snuggling or going to sleep) rubbing the silky ribbon lining of her blankie on her nose when slowly her eyes looked at me, her hand quit rubbing it on her nose and she rubbed it on mine. Sounds like a simple thing but this is her sacred blankie. There is nothing as calming or soothing to her as the feel of this blankie being rubbed on her face. Amazing how she can be having the worst moment and instantly is calmed. For the first time, she allowed me to join in:) I love being a mom!




*Someone* (you know who you are) complains that there are not enough pictures posted of Annaka. Ok, so lets play a little game......

What can we see in a photo.....Lets see.....

1.Annaka LOVES to play with her dolls/stuffed animals. She also loves to steal my dish towels and washcloths. I find her dolls and stuffed animals in many places around the house 'tucked in' for a 'nap' using a dishtowel or washcloth as a blankie....again everyone should have a special blankie to rub their nose with.

2. One would think that a two year old would get their shoes on the correct feet 50% of the time. Hmmm, I would venture to say the more accurate percentage is 5% of the time. How does this happen? Anyone? Anyone?

3. Can we say "Crop the photo mommy!" Yes, that is the potty seat in the back ground. The potty seat she will NOT use. Anyway...I will save this for the next post.

(Does anyone see that she is actually holding Elmo's hand? Sweet.)



I got a kick out of looking at her many facial expressions....Clint caught her in the act of sitting with her stuffed animals, singing to them, then hugging her little puppy.
(I have no idea about this one....singing? talking? One will never know)


Oh, and I posted this following one on fb but had to re-post it. Annaka LIVES in these shoes. She calls them her 'clappy' shoes. I guess because of the sound they make. That day she wore them with my fuzzy socks. Can we say 80's comeback....and she knows nothing of the 80's.


Even matches her dress. How 'girl'ish of her:)

3 comments:

nat said...

LOVE all the pictures! and thank you!

Melanie N. Brasher said...

She's so adorable, Val! They grow so fast, hey? Love the clappy shoes!

Pam said...

Love the post! I remember her attachment to her blankie! The pictures are darling! So sweet!
Thanks for posting!